Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default text as a number

I would like to count number in column between B4 and B15 for example. But i
want count only cells B witch they has adjoining cells C with wroten text
"withdraw". Can i treat text in cells as a number? I with it would be
helpfull to find solution of my problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sep 17, 2:17 pm, "Bob Umlas" wrote:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(C4:C15="withdraw"),B4:B15)

Actually, this one will add them up. If the OP wants to count, try
David's formula instead.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That's if you're happy to count rows which satisfy the column C criterion,
regardless of whether there is a number in column B.
The OP did say:
"I would like to count number in column between B4 and B15 for example.
...."
--
David Biddulph