-   -   text as a number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/202899-text-number.html)

Wiktor

text as a number

I would like to count number in column between B4 and B15 for example. But i
want count only cells B witch they has adjoining cells C with wroten text
"withdraw". Can i treat text in cells as a number? I with it would be
helpfull to find solution of my problem.

David Biddulph[_2_]

text as a number

=SUMPRODUCT(ISNUMBER(B4:B15)*(C4:C15="withdraw"))
--
David Biddulph

"Wiktor" wrote in message
I would like to count number in column between B4 and B15 for example. But
want count only cells B witch they has adjoining cells C with wroten text
"withdraw". Can i treat text in cells as a number? I with it would be
helpfull to find solution of my problem.

Bob Umlas[_2_]

text as a number

=SUMPRODUCT(--(C4:C15="withdraw"),B4:B15)

"Wiktor" wrote in message
I would like to count number in column between B4 and B15 for example. But
want count only cells B witch they has adjoining cells C with wroten text
"withdraw". Can i treat text in cells as a number? I with it would be
helpfull to find solution of my problem.

Spiky

text as a number

On Sep 17, 2:17 pm, "Bob Umlas" wrote:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(C4:C15="withdraw"),B4:B15)

Actually, this one will add them up. If the OP wants to count, try
David's formula instead.

Pritesh

text as a number

=countif(range,criteris) that is =countif(C5:C50,"withdraw")

"Spiky" wrote:

On Sep 17, 2:17 pm, "Bob Umlas" wrote:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(C4:C15="withdraw"),B4:B15)

Actually, this one will add them up. If the OP wants to count, try
David's formula instead.

David Biddulph[_2_]

text as a number

That's if you're happy to count rows which satisfy the column C criterion,
regardless of whether there is a number in column B.
The OP did say:
"I would like to count number in column between B4 and B15 for example.
...."
--
David Biddulph