Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Saving a value in another cell

I have a worksheet where using a table and vlookup, I enter a student's ID
number, and get their name. Then, using a nested IF statement I convert
their grade (0-100) into a letter grade (A-F).

let's say that the student's ID and score are entered in cells C2 and C3
respectively.

I would like that letter grade to then populate a table and save the grade.
Currently, when I enter the next ID and grade the previous one goes blank and
the new value is entered in the next cell.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Move C3 to D2, and put your formula in E2. Then copy E2 and paste it to E3:E100 (or how ever many
rows you have need for). Then enter your information into blank cells in columns C and D, and you
won't overwrite your previous values.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP