Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Saving a value in another cell

Move C3 to D2, and put your formula in E2. Then copy E2 and paste it to E3:E100 (or how ever many
rows you have need for). Then enter your information into blank cells in columns C and D, and you
won't overwrite your previous values.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"networkjoe" wrote in message
I have a worksheet where using a table and vlookup, I enter a student's ID
number, and get their name. Then, using a nested IF statement I convert
their grade (0-100) into a letter grade (A-F).

let's say that the student's ID and score are entered in cells C2 and C3
respectively.

I would like that letter grade to then populate a table and save the grade.
Currently, when I enter the next ID and grade the previous one goes blank and
the new value is entered in the next cell.