VLOOKUP - Contains a constant???

Default vlookup

Ok...I'm new with the VLOOKUP function so this is probably pretty easy for
most of you. I've created a VLOOKUP that's not working and it says the
probably is the cell contains a "contstant"...what is that, and what does
that mean and how do I fix it?

VLOOKUP(I2,TAX_ID,14,FALSE) I want the cell to look at column I compare
with the TAX ID column and return the value in column 14, only when an exact
match.

Thanks!
Alan Beban

VLOOKUP - Contains a constant??? wrote:
Ok...I'm new with the VLOOKUP function so this is probably pretty easy for
most of you. I've created a VLOOKUP that's not working and it says the
probably is the cell contains a "contstant"...what is that, and what does
that mean and how do I fix it?

VLOOKUP(I2,TAX_ID,14,FALSE) I want the cell to look at column I compare
with the TAX ID column and return the value in column 14, only when an exact
match.

Thanks!

What's the address of the range "TAX_ID"?

Alan Beban