Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to match 2 prices

I am trying to Match 2 prices i have 4 columns.

I have item number for both prices on 4 columns

for example

ITEM # retail price ITEM # wholesale PRICE
123 $20 543 $12
321 $14 123 $18
543 $30 321 $7

Now i need to match the prices by item number so i have to columns: retail
and wholesale with the correct prices. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You can use the vlookup formula. Just keep in mind that the column index
will vary. For extracting the retail price, use 2 as the col_index. For
extracting the wholesale price, use 4 as the col index.

Ashsih Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Gmata" wrote in message
I am trying to Match 2 prices i have 4 columns.

I have item number for both prices on 4 columns

for example

ITEM # retail price ITEM # wholesale PRICE
123 $20 543 $12
321 $14 123 $18
543 $30 321 $7

Now i need to match the prices by item number so i have to columns: retail
and wholesale with the correct prices. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Gmata wrote:
I am trying to Match 2 prices i have 4 columns.

I have item number for both prices on 4 columns

for example

ITEM # retail price ITEM # wholesale PRICE
123 $20 543 $12
321 $14 123 $18
543 $30 321 $7

Now i need to match the prices by item number so i have to columns: retail
and wholesale with the correct prices. Thanks

Use VLOOKUP

If your example data is in columns A:D, this formula in a spare column
will return the wholesale price for the item# in column A:

=VLOOKUP(A2,C:D,2,FALSE)