Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default How to match 2 prices

Hi,

You can use the vlookup formula. Just keep in mind that the column index
will vary. For extracting the retail price, use 2 as the col_index. For
extracting the wholesale price, use 4 as the col index.

Ashsih Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Gmata" wrote in message
I am trying to Match 2 prices i have 4 columns.

I have item number for both prices on 4 columns

for example

ITEM # retail price ITEM # wholesale PRICE
123 $20 543 $12
321 $14 123 $18
543 $30 321 $7

Now i need to match the prices by item number so i have to columns: retail
and wholesale with the correct prices. Thanks