Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I Go To a Row or Column?

How do I Go To a Row or Column?

Within a spreadsheet with over 100 columns, how can I do a search for a
particular column or a row?

How can I do a "Go To" for particular column or row?

Thanks

Brandy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Press F5, type D:D and press enter to go to select column D, if you just
want to move to the first cell in D press F5, type D1 instead and press
enter. Do the same for rows, to select row 5, F5, type 5:5 and press enter

Peo Sjoblom

"Brandy" wrote in message
How do I Go To a Row or Column?

Within a spreadsheet with over 100 columns, how can I do a search for a
particular column or a row?

How can I do a "Go To" for particular column or row?

Thanks

Brandy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

So will typing the cell address directly into the Name Box (the field to the
left of the Formula Bar).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"ryguy7272" wrote in message
Ctrl + G will do the same thing.

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"Brandy" wrote in message
How do I Go To a Row or Column?

Within a spreadsheet with over 100 columns, how can I do a search for
particular column or a row?

How can I do a "Go To" for particular column or row?

Thanks

Brandy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

True but you can't get there without using the mouse so one might as well
click the header of the column/row

Peo Sjoblom

"Rick Rothstein" wrote in message
So will typing the cell address directly into the Name Box (the field to
the left of the Formula Bar).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"ryguy7272" wrote in message
Ctrl + G will do the same thing.

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"Brandy" wrote in message
How do I Go To a Row or Column?

Within a spreadsheet with over 100 columns, how can I do a search
for a
particular column or a row?

How can I do a "Go To" for particular column or row?

Thanks

Brandy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

LOL... you know I read the OP's whole post at least twice and didn't pick up
on the fact that he was *not* asking about going to a particular cell or
range of cells. Yes, clicking the header would be just as easy. Well, just
as easy if the column or row is "nearby". However, if one wanted to go to,
say, Row 32000, it probably *is* easier to type A32000 or even 32000:32000
one wanted to select the whole row (similar treatment for columns as well).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
True but you can't get there without using the mouse so one might as well
click the header of the column/row

Peo Sjoblom

"Rick Rothstein" wrote in message
So will typing the cell address directly into the Name Box (the field to
the left of the Formula Bar).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"ryguy7272" wrote in message