Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SLU SLU is offline

Default HOW TO CREATE A MACRO!!!

How do I create a macro that allows me to sort alphabetically the names
without losing the metrics associated with the name? I have multiple tabs
that are intertwined.

Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With great difficulty if you have multiple worksheets linked together.

Not knowing the structure of your intertwining, it would be hard to hazard a
guess.

You could try the macro recorder on a copy of your workbook.

Make sure you select all columns before sorting.

You can only sort on one worksheet, however.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 13:14:00 -0700, SLU
wrote:

How do I create a macro that allows me to sort alphabetically the names
without losing the metrics associated with the name? I have multiple tabs
that are intertwined.

Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SLU SLU is offline

I am still a little confused on how exactly to use a macro to organize one
column to be in alphabetical order.

I have a tab that 2 other tabs pull data from. I would like all 3 tabs to be
put in alphabetical order. Is there a way to do this without losing the
equations I have?

wrote:

How do I create a macro that allows me to sort alphabetically the names
without losing the metrics associated with the name? I have multiple tabs
that are intertwined.

Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As I said..........without knowing the structure it is hard to say.

How does Sheet1 pull data from Sheet2 and Sheet3?

Links?

Formulas like INDEX, MATCH or any of the LOOKUP functions?

You cannot sort more than one sheet at a time, so sorting sheet1 then sheet2
will probably screw up your links or formulas.

Use of the INDIRECT function can alleviate most of that because INDIRECT
links will survive sorting.

Check it out in Help or google for INDIRECT formulas.

Gord