Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
j j is offline

Default Formula - stop the update

Im using the if and then formula, which the =now() formula is included
within. Once I save, I want the date and time to remain the same and not
change to the date I reopen the file.

Please advise. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There is no absolute way to stop the NOW() function from updating, so you'll
have to convert that to a value before you save. If you edit the formula,
highlight JUST the Now() portion, and press F9, followed by the Enter key,
you should be OK

"J" wrote:

Im using the if and then formula, which the =now() formula is included
within. Once I save, I want the date and time to remain the same and not
change to the date I reopen the file.

Please advise. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
j j is offline

Thank you for your response...

Is there a way to tell excel to lock everything after being entered and
cannot be change at all unless if there's a password required?

I know it's somewhat of the same question, but more like as a whole rather
than just that formula.

Thanks.