-   -   Formula - stop the update (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/201362-formula-stop-update.html)

Formula - stop the update

Im using the if and then formula, which the =now() formula is included
within. Once I save, I want the date and time to remain the same and not
change to the date I reopen the file.

Please advise. Thanks!

Duke Carey

Formula - stop the update

There is no absolute way to stop the NOW() function from updating, so you'll
have to convert that to a value before you save. If you edit the formula,
highlight JUST the Now() portion, and press F9, followed by the Enter key,
you should be OK

"J" wrote:

Im using the if and then formula, which the =now() formula is included
within. Once I save, I want the date and time to remain the same and not
change to the date I reopen the file.

Please advise. Thanks!

Gord Dibben

Formula - stop the update

Copy then paste specialvalues

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 08:51:00 -0700, J wrote:

Im using the if and then formula, which the =now() formula is included
within. Once I save, I want the date and time to remain the same and not
change to the date I reopen the file.

Please advise. Thanks!

Formula - stop the update

Thank you for your response...

Is there a way to tell excel to lock everything after being entered and
cannot be change at all unless if there's a password required?

I know it's somewhat of the same question, but more like as a whole rather
than just that formula.

Thanks.