Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default stop changing my formula

Hi all: I am creating a report/graph combo. here is my issue. I am
summarizing a list of data and using that summary to create the charts.
I would like to insert daily a line to this table but have it only
calculate the last thirty days. As I add a line EXCEL adjusts the
formula for me, which is not what I want. I want the table to continue
to build for historical purposes, but to only calculate the last thirty
days. The cell calculation I want to be non adjusting is
"=SUM(B13:B13)". From other source I have read "=SUM($B$13:$B$13)"
should have done the trick but it does not. How do I tell EXCEL no to
adjust this calculation??

Thanks

Paul

--
paulnohio
paulnohio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37479

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=sum(indirect("b13:b13"))

But I have no idea how B13 corresponds to 30 days.

maybe
=sum(indirect("b13:b42"))

if you really meant just a single cell, you don't need =sum().

=$b$13
or in your case:
=indirect("B13")
would be sufficient.

[...]