Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Auto Filter - Add visible cells

Hi,
I have a list containing numerical and text values. I have applied an auto
filter and would like to place a formula that adds up these values of the
visible cells only. I have used SUBTOTAL(3,A7:A117) for example, but this
adds up all the cells, not this filtered visible ones as I would like.
Can you help?
Thanks
Wayne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Mike, but this didn't work. It showed a value of '0' when filtered or
not. I have no blank cells etc. Can I try anything else?

Thanks

"Mike H" wrote:

Try

=SUBTOTAL(109,A7:A117)

Mike

"Doobrifurkin" wrote:

Hi,
I have a list containing numerical and text values. I have applied an auto
filter and would like to place a formula that adds up these values of the
visible cells only. I have used SUBTOTAL(3,A7:A117) for example, but this
adds up all the cells, not this filtered visible ones as I would like.
Can you help?
Thanks
Wayne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks again Mike.
I have managed to solve the mystery. I had unused rows between the formula
and the filtered lists. Thanks

"Mike H" wrote:

Try

=SUBTOTAL(109,A7:A117)