Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Trouble in Dragging the cell

When I tried to drag the formula of the cell to another cell, the amount
supposed to be calculated on another celll did not worked. The Original
amount from the original cell appears on another cell.

Also, when I tried to do the formula by myself insteading of dragging, the
cell shows "0". I have checked the cell and the format is number.
Unfortunately, it still shows "0".

Appreciate any help.
--
Tim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sep 1, 3:07*pm, Tim Leung
wrote:
When I tried to drag the formula of the cell to another cell, the amount
supposed to be calculated on another celll did not worked. *The Original
amount from the original cell appears on another cell.

Also, when I tried to do the formula by myself insteading of dragging, the
cell shows "0". *I have checked the cell and the format is number. *
Unfortunately, it still shows "0".

Appreciate any help.
--
Tim

Drag and then press ctrl+F9
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tools Options Calculation Automatic
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200802

"Tim Leung" wrote:

When I tried to drag the formula of the cell to another cell, the amount
supposed to be calculated on another celll did not worked. The Original
amount from the original cell appears on another cell.

Also, when I tried to do the formula by myself insteading of dragging, the
cell shows "0". I have checked the cell and the format is number.
Unfortunately, it still shows "0".

Appreciate any help.
--
Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One more thing aside from auto-calc...........

You say your numbers are formatted as a Number.

It may still be text..........changing formatting does not correct this.

Format all to General. Copy an empty cell.

Select the range of "numbers" and paste specialaddokesc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP