Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sumproduct with cells 0

I'm having issues counting cells with a value of 0. The cells that I'm
counting are being filled by another function, but will always be a number.
When counting the cells that are <0 it works fine, but when I try it with 0
it is counting the cells no matter what is in them (negative number, blank,
text). What is wrong?

Here is the one for the <0 that is working fine:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(R6:R243),3)=0),--(R6:R243<0))

And this is the one I can't seem to get to work:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(R6:R243),3)=0),--(R6:R2430))
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It sounds as if you haven't actually got negative numbers or blanks in those
cells. Perhaps they contain text?
The formula works OK if the cells contain numbers or blanks.

What is the "other function" that is filling those cells?
--
David Biddulph

"fr8dog" wrote in message
I'm having issues counting cells with a value of 0. The cells that I'm
counting are being filled by another function, but will always be a
number.
When counting the cells that are <0 it works fine, but when I try it with
0

it is counting the cells no matter what is in them (negative number,
blank,
text). What is wrong?

Here is the one for the <0 that is working fine:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(R6:R243),3)=0),--(R6:R243<0))

And this is the one I can't seem to get to work:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(R6:R243),3)=0),--(R6:R2430))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yup, thought of that right after I posted, in the function that was filling
it I had a " " in one of the if's. I changed that and it works fine now, but
now I have another question of course.

I have a third sumproduct function that counts the cells that =0. So
basically I'm keeping a record of the positive numbers, negative, and the
0's. When counting the =0 cells, it is counting the cells that have not been
filled yet. I'm putting in data on a day-to-day basis, so those cells will
fill in as I go, but I don't want it to count the cells that are blank at the
moment?? Any info on that one?

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(R6:R243),3)=0),--(R6:R243=0))

I want to make that one count only the cells that have a number in it and
not the blanks.