Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sumproduct of cells

On Jan 29, 5:31 am, FormulaQuestioner
wrote:
I am currently working on an inventory spreadsheet.

Each row will represent one desk. Each column will be used for a piece of
equipment.

In this spreadsheet each piece of equipment have have things wrong with them
that will make the station count as not working, but some of the entires will
not count towards that.

I would like a formula that I can use in a cell that will count all of the
rows and this is the criteria

problem stations
=all of the cells that have at least one of the following criteris (ie
Montior Broken, Computer no power, USB Mouse Missing)

I did have a formula before that was kind of like that but when ever a field
would have something in it that did not fall into that category it would not
could the station is having a problem

Any help would be appreciated

You could use a COUNTIF function to do this. If your cells range from
A1 to Z50 for example it might look like this:-

=COUNTIF(A1:Z50, OR("Monitor Broken", "Computer No Power", "USB Mouse
Missing"))

The OR function in the middle of the formula can be used to enter the
criteria you wish to count for, just place any other criteria in
speechmarks as shown in the example and separated by commas.

HTH,

Matt Richardson
http://teachr.blogspot.com