Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivot Table Grouping

I have a large worksheet (Called Clean Data with over 20,000 lines) that I
am trying to Pivot. I created a name for the data as follows:

=OFFSET('Clean Data'!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA('Clean Data'!$A:$A),COUNTA('Clean
Data'!$1:$1))

I will be adding data to this worksheet and I believe that this name will
allow me to easily add data to the worksheet.

One of the columns in the data is a date. I want to group the Pivot Table
by Year and Month showing 13 months of data in descending order. Here is a
snapshot of what a portion of the PT looks like:

Years Date
2008
Data Jul Jun
May
Monthly Revenue $ 2,832,278 $ 2,247,400 $ 3,181,018
Percentage Of Total Monthly Revenue 53.77% 43.72% 52.50%
Percentage Change From Previous Month 26.02% -29.35% -12.71%

When I add new data I encounter several problems. First its as if the whole
table is Ungrouped. I have to reset the grouping range and then reset the
fact that I want the results to be in descending order. I then have to reset
the Percentage Change From Previous Month calculation inside the pivot table
as that formula some gets undone.

My goal is to create a pivot table whe

1. I can easily add data without constantly specifying that the Range of the
data has changed,
2. The Pivot Table is permanently Grouped to show the last 13 months of data
after the inclusion of new data, and
3. The Percentage Change From Previous Month calculation does not have to be
manually changed each time the data is updated.

Any help would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This will solve all three problems:
Convert your source data to a
Excel 2003 List or Excel 2007 Table.
Give the List (Table) a Defined Name. Include headers.
Enter the Name as the range of the Pivot Table.
Sample file at:
http://www.savefile.com/files/1721155