Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Grouping

Hello,

I would like to create my own grouping for data in a pivot table. What
would be the best way to accomplish this. My groupings are <=200, 201 to
500, 501 to 2500, =2500.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't think PivotTable supports this, but you could group the data using a
formula, and then have the pivottable data range refer to the formula's
results. Looks like your set of groups is limited enough that you could use
an IF formula to create the groupings.

"Karen" wrote:

Hello,

I would like to create my own grouping for data in a pivot table. What
would be the best way to accomplish this. My groupings are <=200, 201 to
500, 501 to 2500, =2500.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With numbers in column A:

=IF(A2<=200,"a) <=200",IF(A2<=500,"b) 201-500",IF(A2<=2500,
"c) 501-2500","d) 2500")))

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures