Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Santhosh Mani

Default Pivot Table Grouping

I have the following data

Date No Amount
Jan 06 1 5000
Jan 06 2 10000
Feb 06 3 2000
Feb 06 4 3000
Mar 06 5 8000

When I make the pivot table, it shows as following

Date No Amount
Jan 06 1 5000
2 10000
Jan 06 Total 15000
Feb 06 1 2000
2 3000
Feb 06 Total 5000

So on

My question is that is there any way to repeat the date on each rows instead
of showing blank. Please help

Santhosh
Kuwait
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debra Dalgleish

The row headings show once in a Pivot Table, and there's no setting you
can change, to force them to repeat.

To create a table with a heading on each row, you could copy the pivot
table, paste it as values in another location, and fill the blanks,
using the technique shown he

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html

Santhosh Mani wrote:
I have the following data

Date No Amount
Jan 06 1 5000
Jan 06 2 10000
Feb 06 3 2000
Feb 06 4 3000
Mar 06 5 8000

When I make the pivot table, it shows as following

Date No Amount

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List