Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Make cell contents blank upon opening worksheet

Is there a formula to make a cell contents blank upon opening the worksheet?

I have a worksheet with client's confidential information. Cell A1 has a
dropdown list of ALL of my client's names so that when I select a client's
name, it shows their information in the other cells in the worksheet.

Currently, whenever I open this workbook, clients are able to see another
client's information (the client who's information I looked at last).

What I would like, is to have cell A1 contents become blank whenever I open
the worksheet. Is this possible?

Much thankyou's in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Think you could try the sub below on a copy of your file
(adapt the sheetname to suit)

Copy the sub below (all that's within the dotted lines), then
Right-click on the Excel icon* View Code
*just to the left of "File" on the main menu
This brings you directly to the "ThisWorkbook" code window
Right-click Paste
Save n Exit

Re-open the file to test it out

'-----
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").ClearContents
Application.Calculate
End Sub
'-----
--