Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formulae stop working

Hi
I created a worksheet with some cells which work out network days etc from
some date columns everything working fine.
I sent the spreadsheet to a colleague and when he opened it it looked fine
to. However when he copied data into the reference section all the formula
stop working and return #Value#. As far as I can tell the formulae are
correct. Retyping them has no effect.
The only difference I can see is he is running excel 2003 sp3 whilst I
created the workbook in exel 2003 sp2.
I get the same problem whenever I put new data into the spreadsheet if the
machine is running sp3.
Is this a known issue and is there a workaround or am I goosed on this one?
RD
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:28:00 -0700, rdevlin57
wrote:

Hi
I created a worksheet with some cells which work out network days etc from
some date columns everything working fine.
I sent the spreadsheet to a colleague and when he opened it it looked fine
to. However when he copied data into the reference section all the formula
stop working and return #Value#. As far as I can tell the formulae are
correct. Retyping them has no effect.
The only difference I can see is he is running excel 2003 sp3 whilst I
created the workbook in exel 2003 sp2.
I get the same problem whenever I put new data into the spreadsheet if the
machine is running sp3.
Is this a known issue and is there a workaround or am I goosed on this one?
RD

And how does the formulas that give the error look like?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is Analysis Toolpak turned on?

--
Wigi
http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music

"rdevlin57" wrote:

Hi
I created a worksheet with some cells which work out network days etc from
some date columns everything working fine.
I sent the spreadsheet to a colleague and when he opened it it looked fine
to. However when he copied data into the reference section all the formula
stop working and return #Value#. As far as I can tell the formulae are
correct. Retyping them has no effect.
The only difference I can see is he is running excel 2003 sp3 whilst I
created the workbook in exel 2003 sp2.
I get the same problem whenever I put new data into the spreadsheet if the
machine is running sp3.
Is this a known issue and is there a workaround or am I goosed on this one?
RD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Like Wigi, my guess is that he hasn't installed the Analysis ToolPak.
NETWORKDAYS is a function only available through the TookPak
--
Tips for Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Other Applications
http://www.kan.org/tips

wrote:

Hi
I created a worksheet with some cells which work out network days etc from
some date columns everything working fine.
I sent the spreadsheet to a colleague and when he opened it it looked fine
to. However when he copied data into the reference section all the formula
stop working and return #Value#. As far as I can tell the formulae are
correct. Retyping them has no effect.
The only difference I can see is he is running excel 2003 sp3 whilst I
created the workbook in exel 2003 sp2.
I get the same problem whenever I put new data into the spreadsheet if the
machine is running sp3.
Is this a known issue and is there a workaround or am I goosed on this one?
RD

And how does the formulas that give the error look like?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the ATP isn't installed you'll get a #NAME? error, not a #VALUE! error.

when he copied data into the reference section all the formula stop working

That's where the problem is. But, what does that mean?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the ATP isn't installed you'll get a #NAME? error, not a #VALUE! error.

That's what Help says, Biff, but it ain't so. =NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1) gives a
#VALUE! error if ATP is switched off............

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I see.

Apparently help means if the ATP in not installed at all then you get
#NAME?. If it's installed but disabled (by unselecting it) then you'll get
#VALUE!.

But, I'm not convinced the ATP is the problem here. The op says everything
was fine until:

... he copied data into the reference section all the formula stop working.

This makes it sound like they copy/pasted text into cells that NETWORKDAYS
was referencing.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you open XL with the ATP installed BUT turned off, you'll get a #NAME?
error!

Once you turn it on, and *then* turn it off, you'll get the #VALUE! error.

It seems that it must be turned off when the instance is first opened to
return the #NAME? error.

I've got 2 instances opened on my XL2K machine now,
one gives a #NAME? error, and the other a #VALUE! error, since I turned the
ATP on and then off in that one.

RD