Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Inserting worksheet makes formulae stop working

I have several worksheets which follow the same pattern, like a checklist.
There's another sheet which summarizes what's on the other sheets using
=Sum(BeginSheet:EndSheet!A1), for instance. When I copy BeginSheet and put
it somewhere between BeginSheet and EndSheet, the formulae on the summary
sheet fails to see the values entered in the new sheet. I can get the
summary to start working again by simply pressing F2 to edit the formula in a
cell, then pressing Enter and accepting what's already there. The value
updates immediately.

Is there a way to get around this, or am I doing something wrong here?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd double check to make sure that the calculation mode is set to automatic.

In xl2003:
tools|Options|calculation tab

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't have a guess why it doesn't reflect automatically.

But you could try this:

Select the worksheet with the formulas on them
Select all the cells on that worksheet
Edit|Replace
what: =
with: =
replace all

It'll force excel to see each of those formulas as a new formula and it'll
recalc. And maybe, just maybe, it'll wake up excel's calculation engine.

Then try inserting/copying another sheet in that sandwich of sheets and make a
few changes to see if that helped.