Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculating values based on selection from a drop-down list in Exc

I'm trying to get Excel to calculate different mathematical values based on
the user's selection from a drop-down list. The list contains various lengths
of drywall sheets and I want the program to calculate the square footage of
the sheets based on the one selected. Can't figure it out.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Since you mention length only I will assume width is a constant......4 maybe?

Select A1 and DataValidationList

In the Source dialog enter 4,6,8,10,12,14,16 up to whatever.

Note these are comma-delimited.

In B1 enter =A1*4

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 16:52:09 -0700, Razzamatazz
wrote:

I'm trying to get Excel to calculate different mathematical values based on
the user's selection from a drop-down list. The list contains various lengths
of drywall sheets and I want the program to calculate the square footage of
the sheets based on the one selected. Can't figure it out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculating values based on selection from a drop-down list in

Not exactly what I was looking for, but I got it figured out. Reading other
posts I discovered the &IF command and that did it. Thanks for looking though
:)

wrote:

I'm trying to get Excel to calculate different mathematical values based on
the user's selection from a drop-down list. The list contains various lengths
of drywall sheets and I want the program to calculate the square footage of
the sheets based on the one selected. Can't figure it out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Could you please elaborate on this?

Post the formula.

Gord