Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Calculating values based on selection from a drop-down list in

Could you please elaborate on this?

Post the formula.

Gord

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 17:25:00 -0700, Razzamatazz
wrote:

Not exactly what I was looking for, but I got it figured out. Reading other
posts I discovered the &IF command and that did it. Thanks for looking though
:)

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Since you mention length only I will assume width is a constant......4 maybe?

Select A1 and DataValidationList

In the Source dialog enter 4,6,8,10,12,14,16 up to whatever.

Note these are comma-delimited.

In B1 enter =A1*4

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 16:52:09 -0700, Razzamatazz
wrote:

I'm trying to get Excel to calculate different mathematical values based on
the user's selection from a drop-down list. The list contains various lengths
of drywall sheets and I want the program to calculate the square footage of
the sheets based on the one selected. Can't figure it out.