Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Differences between Dates

Hello,

Please write a formula for me that will give m,e the difference between two
dates.
My fields are like this.
Start Date End Date Total Days

7/10/08 7/15/08 5

What the total day box need to be in days not dates.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Format your start date and end date cells to a date format, then use
=DAYS360(A1,B1); A1 being your start date, and b1 being your end date. Note
that this formula bases a year on 360 days (12 months with 30 days).

"Jack" wrote:

Hello,

Please write a formula for me that will give m,e the difference between two
dates.
My fields are like this.
Start Date End Date Total Days

7/10/08 7/15/08 5

What the total day box need to be in days not dates.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Set up your calculation =ENDDATE-STARTDATE, which will automatically format
it as a date since it is referring to dates. Then go to Format-- Cells, and
choose to format it as General (or number).
--
John C

"Jack" wrote:

Hello,

Please write a formula for me that will give m,e the difference between two
dates.
My fields are like this.
Start Date End Date Total Days

7/10/08 7/15/08 5

What the total day box need to be in days not dates.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It sounds like you might have been confused by Excel's attempt to
maintain consistent formatting.

The formula is nothing more than =C2-B2, but because these are dates,
Excel guesses that the result is also a date. All you need to do is go
to Format/Cells... and select the appropriate format for the number.
You can abbreviate the process by clicking the Comma Style button
(looks like a comma) to apply your formatting but it will give you 2
decimal places by default.

On Jul 7, 12:10*pm, Jack wrote:
Hello,

Please write a formula for me that will give m,e the difference between two
dates.
My fields are like this.
Start Date * * *End Date * *Total Days

7/10/08 * * * * *7/15/08 * * * * *5 *

What the total day box need to be in days not dates.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I realize that B1-A1 does the trick directly. I thought it was obvious, so i
thought he was looking for a different function. Hence, why i gave him the
DAYS360 function and noted the 30 day approximation that the function uses.