Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default What percentage of heart rate

I want column a to have the heartbeat rate, and column b to give me what
percentage of 180 that heartbeat equals. Example 90 in column a would read
50% in column b.
I would then like to do this with other percentages, such as 200 being the
percentage.
Thank you,
Stephan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your value of 90 is in A2, put this in B2...

=A2/180

and format the cell as Percentage (if this is new to you, right-click the
column header to select the entire column and click on "Format Cells" from
the popup menu, then click on the Percentage item in the dialog box that
appears). You can copy this formula down. For percentages of other heartbeat
rates, just change the divisor from 180 to whatever rate you want (for
example, 200 for your second question).

Rick

"cyclingStephan" wrote in message
I want column a to have the heartbeat rate, and column b to give me what
percentage of 180 that heartbeat equals. Example 90 in column a would
read
50% in column b.
I would then like to do this with other percentages, such as 200 being
the
percentage.
Thank you,
Stephan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Stephan

Enter the value you wish to use to calculate the percentage value in say D1
With Heartbeat in A1 enter in B1
=IF(A1="","",A1/$D$1)
Select cell B1 FormatCellsNumberPercentage

Copy the formula down column B as far as required
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"cyclingStephan" wrote in message
I want column a to have the heartbeat rate, and column b to give me what
percentage of 180 that heartbeat equals. Example 90 in column a would
read
50% in column b.
I would then like to do this with other percentages, such as 200 being
the
percentage.
Thank you,
Stephan