marlia

Default APR - Annual Percentage Rate

What is the Excel formula for computing an APR on a mortgage? I have the
formulas for computing payments, etc., but have never found one for the APR.

Thanks!
Peo Sjoblom

Look at the RATE function,
assume we have a car loan and that we don't have top notch credit scores
60 months loan of 15000 with a monthly payment of 400 dollars, gives

=RATE(60,-400,15000)*12

format as percentage gives 20.31%

Peo Sjoblom