Safu

Default APR - Annual Percentage Rate to Actual Interest Rate

Please if anybody can help me how to calculate back the APR rate to Actual
Interest Rate.
Loan = 10K @ 96 mth = 13.1210%
So 13.1210% = 7.75% (Actual Interest Rate)

Any formula that can help me?

Mangesh Yadav

Sorry, its the Equal Monthly Installment.
or the equaly monthly repayment towards the loan

Mangesh

"Safu" wrote in message
What is EMI stand for?

"Safu" wrote in message
Please if anybody can help me how to calculate back the APR rate to

Actual
Interest Rate.
Loan = 10K @ 96 mth = 13.1210%
So 13.1210% = 7.75% (Actual Interest Rate)

Any formula that can help me?

Safu

OK, EMI is 168.75

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

Sorry, its the Equal Monthly Installment.
or the equaly monthly repayment towards the loan

Mangesh

"Safu" wrote in message
What is EMI stand for?

"Safu" wrote in message
Please if anybody can help me how to calculate back the APR rate to

Actual
Interest Rate.
Loan = 10K @ 96 mth = 13.1210%
So 13.1210% = 7.75% (Actual Interest Rate)

Any formula that can help me?

Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 12 May 2005 08:14:01 -0700, "Safu"
wrote:

Please if anybody can help me how to calculate back the APR rate to Actual
Interest Rate.
Loan = 10K @ 96 mth = 13.1210%
So 13.1210% = 7.75% (Actual Interest Rate)

Any formula that can help me?

I don't understand how you develop an actual interest rate of 7.75%, given your
values (and your monthly payment from another thread).

How are you defining "ACTUAL interest rate"?

--ron
Mangesh Yadav

Hi Safu,

The figure 168.75 is a result of the formula
=PMT(13.12%/12, 96, -10000)

Infact I had asked you for the EMI as I wanted to know from where you are
getting at the rate of 7.75%

As Ron pointed out, can you tell us from where you got the 7.75% figure.

- Mangesh

"Safu" wrote in message
OK, EMI is 168.75

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

Sorry, its the Equal Monthly Installment.
or the equaly monthly repayment towards the loan

Mangesh

"Safu" wrote in message
What is EMI stand for?

"Safu" wrote in message
Please if anybody can help me how to calculate back the APR rate

Actual
Interest Rate.
Loan = 10K @ 96 mth = 13.1210%
So 13.1210% = 7.75% (Actual Interest Rate)

Any formula that can help me?

Safu

Hi Mangesh Yadav,

Loan = 10,000.00
Term = 96 months
Interest = 7.75%

Loan / Term = 104.17
Loan x Interest / 12 = 64.58
Total Repyt = 168.75

APR come from a formula of
=RATE(Term,-Total Repyt,Loan)*12
=RATE(96,-168.75,10000)*12
=13.1210%

So from the above formula which given the answer of the APR, then how do I
can get back the actual rate of 7.75% by using the APR which is 13.1210%?
This is what I'm trying to figure out.

Thanks Mangesh, I believe you can make it.

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

Hi Safu,

The figure 168.75 is a result of the formula
=PMT(13.12%/12, 96, -10000)

Infact I had asked you for the EMI as I wanted to know from where you are
getting at the rate of 7.75%

As Ron pointed out, can you tell us from where you got the 7.75% figure.

- Mangesh

"Safu" wrote in message
OK, EMI is 168.75

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

Sorry, its the Equal Monthly Installment.
or the equaly monthly repayment towards the loan

Mangesh

"Safu" wrote in message
What is EMI stand for?

"Safu" wrote in message
Please if anybody can help me how to calculate back the APR rate

Actual
Interest Rate.
Loan = 10K @ 96 mth = 13.1210%
So 13.1210% = 7.75% (Actual Interest Rate)

Any formula that can help me?

N Harkawat

The loan is not a typical loan where the interest calculated is based on the
original loan and not the written down book value

For instance in the first month after paying off 168.75 the balance of loan
=10000 - 104.17 (loan repaid) = 9,895.83

The interest for 2nd month = 9,895.83 * 7.75% * 1/12 = $63.91 whereas the
interest paid is still $64.58

When you are using the rate function to come to 13.121% excel is expecting
that your equal monthly payment is composed of principal plus the lower
interest and it keeps going down with each instalement
paid till month 96 when your payment of 168.75 comprising of Principal of
$166.92 and interest of $1.83

I do not see any function to get to your rate of 7.75% although the true
rate that you paid is 13.121% and the APR is
=13.94%
using the function
=effect(13.121%,12)

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

Hi Safu,

The figure 168.75 is a result of the formula
=PMT(13.12%/12, 96, -10000)

Infact I had asked you for the EMI as I wanted to know from where you are
getting at the rate of 7.75%

As Ron pointed out, can you tell us from where you got the 7.75% figure.

- Mangesh

"Safu" wrote in message
OK, EMI is 168.75

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

Sorry, its the Equal Monthly Installment.
or the equaly monthly repayment towards the loan

Mangesh

"Safu" wrote in message
What is EMI stand for?

"Safu" wrote in message
Please if anybody can help me how to calculate back the APR
rate

Actual
Interest Rate.
Loan = 10K @ 96 mth = 13.1210%
So 13.1210% = 7.75% (Actual Interest Rate)

Any formula that can help me?

Mangesh

Hi Safu,

As N Harkawat has explained in his reply, you calculation of total repayment
is wrong in the first place. And this leads you to the value of 13.121%
(which ofcourse is wrong). The total repayment is not 168.75 but it is
140.10 which you can get by using the formula:
= PMT(Interest/12,Term,-Loan)
= PMT((7.75%)/12, 96, -10000)
= 140.10

And now if you use the Rate function you will definitely get back your
original rate:
= RATE(Term,-Total Repyt,Loan)*12
= RATE(96,-140.10,10000)*12
= 7.75%

As N Harkawat has explained, your interest eeps on reducing as the term
starts reducing and the principle amount repaid increases. Your total
repayment remains same at 140.10.

Regards
Mangesh

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

Hi Safu,

The figure 168.75 is a result of the formula
=PMT(13.12%/12, 96, -10000)

Infact I had asked you for the EMI as I wanted to know from where you

are
getting at the rate of 7.75%

As Ron pointed out, can you tell us from where you got the 7.75% figure.

- Mangesh

"Safu" wrote in message
OK, EMI is 168.75

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

Sorry, its the Equal Monthly Installment.
or the equaly monthly repayment towards the loan

Mangesh

"Safu" wrote in message
What is EMI stand for?