Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sumif across multiple ranges

I have a sumif formula situation that is killing me.

Column C, D, E, F, and G all have ranges of numbers divided into groups (5
rows to a group). I have 6 groups total. Every row after each group has a
row that adds all the numbers for that group.

A1: Name
B1: H
C1: 100
D1: $1000
E1: $2000
F1: 50
G1: $5000

I need a formula that will allow me to add columns C, D, E, F, and G based
on whether or not it has a "H" in B.

I tried:
=sumif($C5:$C52,"L",D48:D52,D37:D42,D26:D31,D16:D2 0,D5:D10)

but there are too many groups, after D37:D42, it says I have too many.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The formula is =sumif($C5:$C52,"H",D48:D52,D37:D42,D26:D31,D16:D2 0,D5:D10), I
had accidentally used L in the example above.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You know, I was REALLY overthinking that formula! Thanks! I was worried it
was going to count the group totals, but forgot I wouldn't be putting H or L
in that cell!