Erika

Default SumIF Multiple Ranges

I have 5 different worksheets all listing product number and quantity, on the
6th worksheet I was to sum all of the quantities of products with similar
product numbers.

So find all of the product number 1ASB on the previous spreadsheet and sum
there quantities

Any ideas on how to do this?
JulieD

Hi

if the 5 worksheets are similarly structured have a look at data /
consolidate.

basically, in your summary sheet, select a cell, choose data / consolidate,
tick the relevant boxes on the consolidate dialog (if your product numbers
are in a column tick left column - BTW this assumes that you have product &
quantity in adjacent columns) ... then go to the first sheet, click in the
reference line, choose the products & quantites, click ADD, repeat for all
sheets.

--
Cheers
JulieD
"Erika" wrote in message
I have 5 different worksheets all listing product number and quantity, on
the
6th worksheet I was to sum all of the quantities of products with similar
product numbers.

So find all of the product number 1ASB on the previous spreadsheet and sum
there quantities

Any ideas on how to do this?

PeterAtherton

"Erika" wrote:

I have 5 different worksheets all listing product number and quantity, on the
6th worksheet I was to sum all of the quantities of products with similar
product numbers.

So find all of the product number 1ASB on the previous spreadsheet and sum
there quantities

Erika

If the format is not the same on each sheet, thias is a better way.

List the products in column A. In B2 enter a similar formula to this:
=SUMIF(Sheet1!$A$2:A500,Sheet3!A2,Sheet1!$B$2:B500 )+SUMIF(Sheet2!$A$2:A500,Sheet3!A2,Sheet2!$B$2:B50 0)

You will have to change the ranges to suit and add in the extra sheets (from
3 to six)and copy the formula down.

Regards
Peter