Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Critical requirement.

Hi,

I have the data in 1 col as mentioned below,

Col A
America
America
America
India
India
India
Japan
Japan
Japan
Country
Country
Country
Country
Country

I am creating a pivot table based on this data and now if i select America
in COl A Field it shud pickup (means if i double click on the total it shud
display the extract) america + Country (Ex : America 1st 3 lines and Country
last 5 Lines, Same wayy if i select India it shud pick up 4th - 6th line and
last 5 Lines for country). So Last 5 Lines are constant and the country name
shud vary.

I Hope u understood my requirement. I alreadey spent enough time on this
requirement but not successful.

I would request any one of u to help to get my output. Thanks in Advance!

Chr.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What you describe is often referred to as Drill-down - do a Google
search for drill down in the Excel groups and you will get hundreds of
hits.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jun 21, 2:18*pm, Christopher Naveen
wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your immediate response.

I tried searching for drill down option in the discusion gropus but no
solutions are helping my requirement. i read all the queries in ithe
discussion grups but everything is different.

Shud i need to create a macro for this requirement?

May i request you to help me with some other examples so that i can try it
again. I hope u understood my requirement, if not pls. tell me will brief u
with some screen shots. Thank u very much for ur response.

Eagerly waiting for ur reply.

chr

wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't use pivot tables, so I can't really advise you any further.
However, if you re-post with a title like "Drill down in Pivot Tables"
rather than "Critical requirement", the post might catch the eyes of
someone more knowledgable than I. Also, posting in the .programming
group might be a more appropriate location.

Pete