Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Trying to get contents of cell linked through IF function.

Hi,

I am using an IF function and I want the result to bring the formats of the
cell as well as the content. For example, IF(A1=1,B1,B2) where B1 and B2 are
cells that have different contents and formats (colors,fonts,etc.). Is this
possible?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
I don't think you can use a function to do anything else except return a
formula.
However, in your example, you could perhaps use conditional formatting.

In the formula cell, open the CF window, select Formula Is, then:
Condition 1 =B1 and select format conditions identical to B1
Condition 2 =B2 and select format conditions identical to B2

Regards - Dave.