Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I post specific dates into a colums labled only by Year?

I am trying to finish a somewhat complex spreadsheet that shows what happens
when we sell various properties in the future. I have a per diem interest
carry formula that works fine. I am showing what happens financially based
on the individual property estimated exact sales date (including a specific
day of a month & year). I have a 10 year results area that fully computes
and gives me the individual properties resulting projected net cash flow.

My problem: How do I write a formula that looks at the specific date (in a
column) a property sells (say 4/17/2012) and then posts the prorated cash
flow results into another column on the same line labeled (and showing only)
2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, etc?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

hardlook

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
If your date 4/17/2012 is in A1:
=YEAR(A1-365) will return "2007"
=YEAR(A1-730) will return "2006"
Regards - Dave.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Dave -
I have ten years spread over ten columns and I want to have a formula that
looks to see if my "date of proposed sale" cell (located on the same line)
tells it to cause another cells results to show-up here (by the year at the
top of this column) or not. Because all of the "sale" dates are different
(3/17/2010, etc.) I need to simply have that result show up in the approate
year (2009, 2010, 2011, etc.) column. Any thoughts?

"Dave" wrote:

Hi,
If your date 4/17/2012 is in A1:
=YEAR(A1-365) will return "2007"
=YEAR(A1-730) will return "2006"
Regards - Dave.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
OK, still not absolutely sure, but what about using conditional formatting?
Have the results show up in ALL year columns, but set all the cells font
color white so they can't be seen.
In conditional formatting, put something like:
=YEAR(Cell with date)=Heading cell ref eg YEAR(D17)=D1
Set CF font color to black...

"hardlook" wrote:

Thanks Dave -
I have ten years spread over ten columns and I want to have a formula that
looks to see if my "date of proposed sale" cell (located on the same line)
tells it to cause another cells results to show-up here (by the year at the
top of this column) or not. Because all of the "sale" dates are different
(3/17/2010, etc.) I need to simply have that result show up in the approate
year (2009, 2010, 2011, etc.) column. Any thoughts?

"Dave" wrote:

Hi,
If your date 4/17/2012 is in A1:
=YEAR(A1-365) will return "2007"