Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linking Cells

Is there any way NOT to have the "0" in a linked cell? There are times that
one or more of the destination cells will not have information because the
linked cell need to be blank. But I still need the cell liked because the
data changes from day to day.
I need blank destination cells!!!!

Thank you for any help with this -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Wont using the IF function in the destination cell delete the the link in
the cell

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=IF(A1="","",A1)
--
David Biddulph

"jolowe" wrote in message
Is there any way NOT to have the "0" in a linked cell? There are times
that
one or more of the destination cells will not have information because the
linked cell need to be blank. But I still need the cell liked because the
data changes from day to day.
I need blank destination cells!!!!

Thank you for any help with this -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The A1 *is* the link. Replace A1 in my example by whichever reference you
are using for your link. You didn't tell us what your link was so I
couldn't use your link in my example.
--
David Biddulph

"jolowe" wrote in message

Wont using the IF function in the destination cell delete the the link in
the cell

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=IF(A1="","",A1)
--
David Biddulph

"jolowe" wrote in message
Is there any way NOT to have the "0" in a linked cell? There are times
that
one or more of the destination cells will not have information because
the
linked cell need to be blank. But I still need the cell liked because
the
data changes from day to day.
I need blank destination cells!!!!

Thank you for any help with this -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In David's reply up above he uses the IF to check what's in A1, but
only links to the data when the result is not empty.
The IF uses 3 parameters:
IF(condition,true response,false response)
which means that his formula says
If whatever is in cell A1 happens to be equal to a NULL string
(written as ""), then write a Null string in this cell, otherwise
place the value that you found in A1.
This then will generate an apparently blank result if A1 is blank, but
will write a value otherwise (note that a zero in A1 will generate a
zero here as well).

On May 15, 2:24 pm, jolowe wrote:
Wont using the IF function in the destination cell delete the the link in
the cell

"David Biddulph" wrote:
=IF(A1="","",A1)
--