Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default scroll lock

Hi,
I am trying to lock the scroll, My range is "a1:ar31", When i save and
close the work sheet and open again the scroll lock range dissappears. is
there any code???. please help. Thanks in advance.
moiz
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Moiz

In the 'This Workbook' module :-

Sub Workbook_Open()

Sheets("YourSheetName").ScrollArea = "A1:AR31"

End Sub

Sandy

"moiz" wrote in message
I am trying to lock the scroll, My range is "a1:ar31", When i save and
close the work sheet and open again the scroll lock range dissappears. is
there any code???. please help. Thanks in advance.
moiz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank u Sandy,
I copied the code and Even in properties of sheet1 scroll area i wrote the
range to lock but to my surprise when i save and exit and restart Excel the
code is there but the scrolling is not locked. where i am going wrong, please
help.

"moiz" wrote in message
I am trying to lock the scroll, My range is "a1:ar31", When i save and
close the work sheet and open again the scroll lock range dissappears. is
there any code???. please help. Thanks in advance.
moiz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Moiz

Did you put the code in the "This Workbook" module?
If you placed it in the Sheet1 module it will not work.

Setting the ScrollArea in properties will not save.

Sandy

"moiz" wrote in message
I am trying to lock the scroll, My range is "a1:ar31", When i save and
close the work sheet and open again the scroll lock range dissappears.
is
there any code???. please help. Thanks in advance.
moiz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank u Sandy,
I did a mistake, thanks a lot, the code also was in sheet module as well in
workbook module. now its working fine once again thank u very much. i have
one more doubt. how to add more scrolling lock for other sheets too????

"Sandy" wrote:

And macros are enabled?

"moiz" wrote in message
I am trying to lock the scroll, My range is "a1:ar31", When i save
and
close the work sheet and open again the scroll lock range
dissappears.
is
there any code???. please help. Thanks in advance.
moiz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To the code already in the 'This Workbook' module, just add the other sheets
as example below

Sub Workbook_Open()

Sheets("YourSheetName").ScrollArea = "A1:AR31"

Sheets("YourSheetNameA").ScrollArea = "A1:AR31"
Sheets("YourSheetNameB").ScrollArea = "A1:AR31"
Sheets("YourSheetNameC").ScrollArea = "A1:AR31"

End Sub

HTH
Sandy

"moiz" wrote in message
Thank u Sandy,
I did a mistake, thanks a lot, the code also was in sheet module as well
in
workbook module. now its working fine once again thank u very much. i have
one more doubt. how to add more scrolling lock for other sheets too????

"Sandy" wrote:

And macros are enabled?

"moiz" wrote in message
I am trying to lock the scroll, My range is "a1:ar31", When i
save
and
close the work sheet and open again the scroll lock range
dissappears.
is
there any code???. please help. Thanks in advance.
moiz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Sandy.....Thanks once again.
moiz

"moiz" wrote in message
Thank u Sandy,
I did a mistake, thanks a lot, the code also was in sheet module as well
in
workbook module. now its working fine once again thank u very much. i have
one more doubt. how to add more scrolling lock for other sheets too????

"Sandy" wrote:

And macros are enabled?

"moiz" wrote in message
I am trying to lock the scroll, My range is "a1:ar31", When i
save
and
close the work sheet and open again the scroll lock range
dissappears.
is
there any code???. please help. Thanks in advance.
moiz

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you want all sheets to have the same scrollarea you can have one set of code
in Thisworkbook module.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
ActiveSheet.ScrollArea = "A1:AR31"
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 10 May 2008 07:36:00 -0700, moiz wrote:

Thank u Sandy,
I did a mistake, thanks a lot, the code also was in sheet module as well in
workbook module. now its working fine once again thank u very much. i have
one more doubt. how to add more scrolling lock for other sheets too????

"Sandy" wrote:

And macros are enabled?