Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Create a macro with a list

Hi Experts:

I would like to build a macro with the List for multiple individuals that
will then enter the data from the List to the Summary Worksheet in the same
Workbook. This is the example of what I want to do....

List Sheet

John Jones in Column A....123456 in Column B...ABCDF in Column C and 90.05%
in Column D

Put that data on the Summary Worksheet in Columns B, C, D & E

I would also like to remove the % sign in Column D

Can anyone help me with this? I would appreciate any assistance you can
provide. I'm working on a new reporting document that is using VLOOKUPs....a
lot of them every month....I think the Macro would be more efficient, but I
need your help to build on.

Thank You,

--
jeannie v
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I write Excel macros, but when a formula will do the trick I usually stick to
them. And I don't see why you need a VLOOKUP for this; why not just have
Summary!R1C1:R<lastcolumnC4 (or whatever) have the formula "=List!RC" in
each cell? That'll copy the list from the List sheet to the Summary sheet
without VLOOKUPS. And to display a percent sign on the List sheet but not on
the Summary sheet, just change the format of that column on the Summary sheet.

But if you need a macro for some reason, I think you need to post this
question on the other forum, "Excel programming".

--- "jeannie v" wrote:
Hi Experts:

I would like to build a macro with the List for multiple individuals that
will then enter the data from the List to the Summary Worksheet in the same
Workbook. This is the example of what I want to do....

List Sheet

John Jones in Column A....123456 in Column B...ABCDF in Column C and 90.05%
in Column D

Put that data on the Summary Worksheet in Columns B, C, D & E

I would also like to remove the % sign in Column D

Can anyone help me with this? I would appreciate any assistance you can
provide. I'm working on a new reporting document that is using VLOOKUPs....a
lot of them every month....I think the Macro would be more efficient, but I
need your help to build on.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Bob:

Thank you for the prompt response....I just inherited this report and it is
HUGE...the report is filled with VLOOKUPs and I know I can make it more
efficient with Macros..I"m taking the report is pieces...of which this is the
first of many pieces to this report. It's not the same data every month or
the same individuals (all would be in the List, though), so I was hoping that
I could build a Macro that would pull and pop the correct data no matter who
or what was identified for the month, each month.

I had a Macro that I used a couple of years ago that did something similar,
but I can't make it work for this report...there are differences that just
don't work.

I will definitely post to "Excel programming".

Thank you for that recommendation. I appreciate your assistance.
--
jeannie v

--- "jeannie v" wrote:
Hi Experts:

I would like to build a macro with the List for multiple individuals that
will then enter the data from the List to the Summary Worksheet in the same
Workbook. This is the example of what I want to do....

List Sheet