Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Bridges Bob Bridges is offline

Default Create a macro with a list

I write Excel macros, but when a formula will do the trick I usually stick to
them. And I don't see why you need a VLOOKUP for this; why not just have
Summary!R1C1:R<lastcolumnC4 (or whatever) have the formula "=List!RC" in
each cell? That'll copy the list from the List sheet to the Summary sheet
without VLOOKUPS. And to display a percent sign on the List sheet but not on
the Summary sheet, just change the format of that column on the Summary sheet.

But if you need a macro for some reason, I think you need to post this
question on the other forum, "Excel programming".

--- "jeannie v" wrote:
Hi Experts:

I would like to build a macro with the List for multiple individuals that
will then enter the data from the List to the Summary Worksheet in the same
Workbook. This is the example of what I want to do....

List Sheet

John Jones in Column A....123456 in Column B...ABCDF in Column C and 90.05%
in Column D

Put that data on the Summary Worksheet in Columns B, C, D & E

I would also like to remove the % sign in Column D

Can anyone help me with this? I would appreciate any assistance you can
provide. I'm working on a new reporting document that is using VLOOKUPs....a
lot of them every month....I think the Macro would be more efficient, but I
need your help to build on.