Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RJJ RJJ is offline

Default VLOOKUP the right choice?

Sorry for reposting but
Still having trouble.

Column A is (A2:A130), ascending, and is my Vendor list and is named
"VendorList" and resides on a worksheet named "Lists".
Column C (worksheet named "Lists") contains the addresses to the Vendors in
column A and are aligned by rows.
G12, on a worksheet named Purchase Orders, is a drop down list and is tied
to "VendorList" on the worksheet named "Lists".
When I make a selection in G12 (worksheet named "Purchase Orders"), I want
G14 (same worksheet) to display the appropriate address.

I am thankful for all your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

You could also try index/match ..
In G14:
=IF(G12="","",INDEX(Lists!$C$2:$C$130,MATCH(G12,Ve ndorList,0)))
--
Max
Singapore
"RJJ" wrote:
Sorry for reposting but
Still having trouble.

Column A is (A2:A130), ascending, and is my Vendor list and is named
"VendorList" and resides on a worksheet named "Lists".
Column C (worksheet named "Lists") contains the addresses to the Vendors in
column A and are aligned by rows.
G12, on a worksheet named Purchase Orders, is a drop down list and is tied
to "VendorList" on the worksheet named "Lists".
When I make a selection in G12 (worksheet named "Purchase Orders"), I want
G14 (same worksheet) to display the appropriate address.

I am thankful for all your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I suppose Max's solution would work, but I would say VLOOKUP is the right way
to go about it. What "trouble" (exactly) are you having, and what formula
(exactly) are you using in G14 now?