br0ke

Default Is IF the best choice

I have the following list (which in real terms goes to 10 variables). I have
tried nested IF's but got nowhere. What is the best way of auto-completing
the Result column

TargetA ActualA TargetB ActualB Result
m/d/y m/d/y CompleteA
m/d/y AwaitingA
m/d/y AwaitingB
m/d/y m/d/y CompleteB
JE McGimpsey

If only the A or B columns are going to be filled (but not both), I'd
probably use something like

=IF(A1<"",IF(B1="","AwaitingA","CompleteA"),IF(C1 <"",IF(D1="",
"AwaitingB","CompleteB"),""))

In article ,
"br0ke" wrote:

I have the following list (which in real terms goes to 10 variables). I have
tried nested IF's but got nowhere. What is the best way of auto-completing
the Result column

TargetA ActualA TargetB ActualB Result
m/d/y m/d/y CompleteA
m/d/y AwaitingA
m/d/y AwaitingB
m/d/y m/d/y CompleteB

br0ke

Unfortunately not. It didn't appear as well as I had hoped.
ColumnA is Target date for TaskA with ColumnB being the date that it was
completed. ColumnC Target TaskB etc, up to 7 tasks.
Most jobs only have 1 of the 7 tasks, but some have none (some have more
than 1 but I'm not that interested in them).

I need to know if the job has any of the 7 tasks and if so, has it been
completed.