Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Alternative formula for getting totals

I have data arranged like this:
a b c d
e f
assembly
Part No. price xyz1 xyz2 xyz3 TOTAL
abc1 1 3 1 xxx
abc2 2 2 1 xxx
abc3 3 1 3 xxx
xyz1 .4
xyz2 .5
xyz3 .6

Part abc1 is assembled with 3 pieces of xyz1 and 1 piece of xyz2. I would
like to have the cells under "TOTAL" give the total price of that part
including the assembly components so for part no. abc1, I want the price to
show $2.70, part no. abc2, to show $3.6 and part no. abc3 to show 5.2.

I am currently using a =sum(vlookup*c3, vlookup*d3, vlookup*e3) formula
which works great except that there are so many assembly items that I cannot
add any more functions to the cell. Is there a different forumla which would
allow me to find the total price?

Thanks,

Victor