Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
tjh tjh is offline

Default formula for chart totals

I am creating a chart that my spreadsheet totals go into. Here is an example
of one of my spreadsheets:
Mnth total qty ordered total qty shipped total scrap
JAN 456 455 1
FEB 898 877 21
MAR 345 321 24

I need the total scrap to be PPM - parts per million, so it will show up on
my chart. What kind of formula should I/can I use to turn the #'s in my
total scrap column into PPM?
PLEASE help me!!!

--
TJH
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Percent is part per hundred and you would use scrap*100/ordered (or over
shipped as needed)
So for ppm use =scrap*1E6/ordered

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"TJH" wrote in message
I am creating a chart that my spreadsheet totals go into. Here is an
example
of one of my spreadsheets:
Mnth total qty ordered total qty shipped total scrap
JAN 456 455 1
FEB 898 877 21
MAR 345 321 24

I need the total scrap to be PPM - parts per million, so it will show up
on
my chart. What kind of formula should I/can I use to turn the #'s in my
total scrap column into PPM?
PLEASE help me!!!

--
TJH

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

What kind of chart is this - line, column, bar, pie?

If it's a line then select the scrap data series and set its axis to
Secondary. Choose Format, Selected Data Series, Axis, Secondary. Add a
secondary Y axis title that says PPM.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire