Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default copy text out of a range of cells

Is there a formula that will pull specific text from a range of columns in a
single row?

FOr example, I want to copy the words "Transportaion Form" into specific
cell assuming those words are located in Columns C:G of Row 3 .

If "Transportation Form" is not in any of those cells, then I don't want it
to pull anything.

Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=IF(COUNTIF(C3:G3,"*Transportation Form*")0,"Transportation Form","")

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 6, 8:02*pm, Mark B wrote:
Is there a formula that will pull specific text from a range of columns in a
single row?

FOr example, I want to copy the words "Transportaion Form" into specific
cell assuming those words are located in Columns C:G of Row 3 .

If "Transportation Form" is not in any of those cells, then I don't want it
to pull anything.

Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome, Mark - thanks for feeding back.

Pete