Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ema Ema is offline

Default fill data automatically into another worksheet

I have a worksheet which holds summery of information. The column heading are
for exsample : arrival date, name, tour type etc... Each row, hold details
of individual entries.

From this doc I want to link / copy these details into another doc. Each
row / entry of details, should be automatically filled into same named fields
in the new doc. Each entry / row of the summery doc, will have a complete new
doc.
How do I do this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On May 4, 10:31*pm, ema wrote:
I have a worksheet which holds summery of information. The column heading are
for exsample * : arrival date, name, tour type etc... Each row, hold details
of individual entries.

From this doc I want to link / *copy these details into another doc. Each
row / entry of details, should be automatically filled into same named fields
in the new doc. Each entry / row of the summery doc, will have a complete new
doc.
How do I do this.

Go to the first cell in the new worksheet where you want the first
piece of data to appear, click = then go back to the summary doc and
click on the cell you want to appear in the new document. In the new
document, copy across.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A worksheet is not a "doc".

It is nothing more than one worksheet within an Excel workbook which could
contain multiple worksheets.

Do you want a new workbook created for each row of data in Workbook A Summary
worksheet?

Or just a new worksheet within Workbook A?

Take a look at Ron de Bruin's site for various copy/paste/merge scenarios.

If you see nothing to your liking, post back more details and drop the "doc"
designation.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 4 May 2008 14:31:00 -0700, ema wrote:

I have a worksheet which holds summery of information. The column heading are
for exsample : arrival date, name, tour type etc... Each row, hold details
of individual entries.

From this doc I want to link / copy these details into another doc. Each