Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mrl mrl is offline

Default Please help with SUM formula dependent on results of other cells

In cell L12, I need to add across D12+F12+H12+J12; but only if there are
percentages showing in D12,F12,H12,J12.

I have formulas in those cells returning results. I do not want anthing to
show in cells L1 through L11 (null) if L12 has a total;(same calculations for
other rows). I ran into Circular referencing when I first tried this. I
changed the iteration, but then I was getting a FALSE return with the
different formulas I tried to put in, or the SUM formula just didn't work.
Please Help! I don't want 0% showing in the cell for the rows that do not
get added across, as it is now. Here's the formula I came up with:
=IF(AND(J12="",L12<""),0,IF(AND(J12<=I12,L12<"") ,SUM(D12+F12+H12+J12)))

The generosity of your knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mrl mrl is offline

Default Please help with SUM formula dependent on results of other cel

Thank you for trying, but this is not what I need. I need the cells in this
same column to be blank if one of the rows (in range) has formula results.
There are 12 rows across 6 columns - only one row (within all 6 columns) can
have results. The formula I am looking for will SUM the row that is showing
percentages in each of the columns (per the formulas already residing in
those cells)

Can anyone please help?

Marilyn