Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
33zenlane

Default Define drop-down results that are variable and dependent upon the.

More Detail:
Drop-down defined in column C and I am wanting to create a drop-down in
column D that will only display specific values I define - however - it is
static list dependent upon what is selected in column C.

Example of Desired Result:
Cell C4 = 4 diffent options when click on drop down and I choose Cake (Cake,
Candy, Soda, Sugar).
Cell D4 = only display a list (I have to be able to choose just one from the
list) I have defined specific for Cake (cell C4 = Cake, cell D4 = a drop-down
list with the following as options - flour, water, sugar, baking soda - and I
can choose 1 of the 4 I need). However, if I choose Candy (cell C5 = candy,
cell D5 = a drop-down list with the following as options - sugar, powder
sugar, water, and wax - display in the drop down and I can choose 1 of the 4
I need.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Sounds like you want dependent lists.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 12:11:04 -0800, 33zenlane
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Duke Carey

Debra Dalgliesh's site has a good tutorial on how to do just this:

http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

"33zenlane" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Check Debra Dalgleish's site:

Does that get you pointed in the right direction?

Regards,
Ron

"33zenlane" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
33zenlane

Default Define drop-down results that are variable and dependent upon

Bless you! I have worked on this all day long.

Thanks,
Schuyler