Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RaV

Default Results dependent on date

Currently, part of the table is like this:

Code:
--------------------
Date Vehicles
February 1, 2006 £119.85
February 2, 2006
February 3, 2006
February 4, 2006
February 5, 2006
February 6, 2006
February 7, 2006

--------------------

The cell with £119.85 is B5 and the formula is
=IF(A5='Daily Sale'!$A$5,SUMIF('Daily Sale'!$D:$D,"Vehicles",'Daily
Sale'!$H:$H),"") where 'Daily Sale'!$A$5 is the current date.

The Daily Sale sheet has a date, which is compared to the dates on the
Date column, and if it is the same, then it calculates the relevant
category totals for that day.

This part works fine, but I dont know how to save these results for the
next day so they are not overwritten with null values.

I was also thinking of having a macro to paste the total values into
each row, then paste the next days totals into the next blank row, but
my incompetence with VBA left me confused.

Any suggestions on how to save the values when the date is not longer
the same? Thanks.

--
RaV
RaV's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31514