Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mjp

Default Date stamp formula results? Tricky problem?

This is what I would like to be able to do:

I want to retain both the old data in a certain Cell and the new data
when there is change in the supporting information. The other Cells
that rely on this Cell for their calculations decide to use the older
data or the newer data based upon today's date. I imagine this might
require results to be put into some kind of table with a date stamp
everytime the Cell in question changes?

The problem I'm trying to solve is that the results of the calculations
in the other Cells cannot change once the time period they are
calculating results for has passed. The Cells that are predicting
future results, however, can and should change to reflect the new
results!

--
mjp
mjp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28876