Jed Martin

Default dsum with date criteria

I had the same problem as Michel, and found your post most helpful. Where did
you find this information? I could not find it in Excel help, nor could I
find it in the five or six Excel manuals that I consulted.
Thank you.

"Aladin Akyurek" wrote:

Let E1:E2 be the criteria range with:

E1 housing Date as the relevant label.

In E2 enter:

=""&J1

where J1 houses a date that you want to invoke as the date criterion, which
you can replace with any date at will..

A DSum formula like:

=DSUM(A1:B15,2,E1:E2)

would calculate the desired sum.

Is this what you wanted to do?

"Michel from Belgium" <Michel from wrote
in message ...
Hi everybody,

I am working with Excel XP.

I have a database with 2000 records and dbase formulas (mainly dsum) to
calculate
results in date ranges. The problem I have comes from the date criteria.

As
I neeed to change regularely the dates, I tried to insert a formula in the
date criterion field, but without any success . The formula should look

like
: 8/1/2003 but I cannot make it work as is not a numerical factor.

Could somebody help me ?
Thanks in advance

Michel from Belgium