Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Protecting and Auto fill Columns

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a spreadsheet that will track the dates of a new hire
that has certain things to be complete. For example:
The new hire reported on 4/25/2008
The new hire will be on probation for 6 months (10/25/2008) (need data to
auto fill into the spreadsheet).
The new hire will be certified 12 months later on date (4/25/2009) need data
to auto fil into the spreadsheet)

Here is the formula that i came up with,
report date Column F
=SUM(F2:F214+180) (6 months probation) Column G (auto fill from column f
with new date)
=SUM(F2:F214+365) (12 months to get certified) Colum H (auto fill from
column f with new date)

If this sounds confusing, please let me know, and I can email you a copy of
my spreadsheet. Thank you for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Apr 25, 12:41 pm, bshuemaker
wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a spreadsheet that will track the dates of a new hire
that has certain things to be complete. For example:
The new hire reported on 4/25/2008
The new hire will be on probation for 6 months (10/25/2008) (need data to
auto fill into the spreadsheet).
The new hire will be certified 12 months later on date (4/25/2009) need data
to auto fil into the spreadsheet)

Here is the formula that i came up with,
report date Column F
=SUM(F2:F214+180) (6 months probation) Column G (auto fill from column f
with new date)
=SUM(F2:F214+365) (12 months to get certified) Colum H (auto fill from
column f with new date)

If this sounds confusing, please let me know, and I can email you a copy of
my spreadsheet. Thank you for your help.

So, what exactly are you asking? I'm not sure how a SUM helps you.

This is probably a better way if you are just trying to find dates,
since 180 days is not necessarily 6 months:
=EDATE(A2,6)
That gives you the date 6 months from the date in A2.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi B

You don't need to sum it

F2 = Your inputDate
G2 = A1+180
H2 = A1+365

Format each as Date (yourFormatingPreference)

Then copy G2 & H2 down the Columns.

HTH
Mark.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Spiky,

This worked great.
One last thing. How do I input this to aply to the whole column vice typing
this into each cell. I just want the end user to type the person name,
department and report date, and have the rest of the date to fill in
automatically.
Just reminder that you have to have the Analysis ToolPak Add-Ins installed
so this can work.
Thank you for your help.

"Spiky" wrote:

On Apr 25, 12:41 pm, bshuemaker
wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Apr 28, 10:30 am, bshuemaker
wrote:
Spiky,

This worked great.
One last thing. How do I input this to aply to the whole column vice typing
this into each cell. I just want the end user to type the person name,
department and report date, and have the rest of the date to fill in
automatically.
Just reminder that you have to have the Analysis ToolPak Add-Ins installed
so this can work.
Thank you for your help.

Just copy the formulas down the whole column. I mean, as far down as
you want it to go. Make sure there aren't any dollar signs in the
formula references.