Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default auto fill columns based on a selection

I have created a table with multiple columns. In one column I have created a
drop down menu of about 2100 items. When this item is selected I would like
3 other columns to automatically fill with the corresponding data. Thank you
for your help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check out VLOOKUP function.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for more on VLOOKUP and Data
Validation lists for entering the choices.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Note the section on using DV lists from another worksheet by naming the list.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP